Blog Background

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Full of Good Intentions, Empty of Actual Resolve

I am the good intentions Queen. It's horrible. At the current moment I intend to:
  • commit to a weight loss and work out plan
  • learn to speak French
  • learn to sew
  • be more crafty
  • clean my house more often
  • read more classics and less junk
  • stop eating M&M's 
  • spend less money, pay off our debt and stick to a budget
  • use my slow cooker more often
  • redecorate my bedroom
  • learn to like camping 
  • do my laundry more often (thank goodness I have a lot of clothes, more specifically about a couple months worth of underwear)
Some of this stuff is laughable I'm sure (like stop eating M&M's, seriously?) but I assure you these are all legitimate items on my mental list and I think about them often ... especially the stop eating M&M's one, every time I sit down and eat yet another bag.

I have no idea how to get better at turning my best intentions into actual reality but would appreciate any insight. They say half the battle is admitting you have a problem, but I'm not exactly sure what the problem is ... laziness perhaps? Or maybe it's time management? Or maybe I'm just over ambitious?Well, except for  cleaning my house more often, doing my laundry more often, spending less money, and not eating M&M's ... those are just general hygiene and common sense - I should at the very least be able to accomplish those things ... Ummmm, I think I'll go put in a load of laundry right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment