Blog Background

Thursday, July 7, 2011

I am no longer young. Or cool . . . *tear*

So we have a fresh-out-of-BCIT marketing intern working with us now at my work. I affectionately refer to him as "The Rookie" but really his enthusiasm, and intelligence throw me for a loop on a regular basis. He's so much like me 10 years ago. And really, that fact hurts deep within my soul because it's a keen reminder that I am almost 30.

To make matters worse not only am I almost 30 and a 10 year seasoned business person (I'm sobbing inside as I write this- btw) - the Rookie throws me these tidbits that let me know that I'm also not a cool, young trendsetter anymore ... SIGH. I'm not sure I'm ready to fully accept that reality yet. I loved being the girl with blue hair, new lingo and the inside scoop on the new hot band, restaurant, fashion trend etc.

To his credit though, Rookie fits the hip & in-the-know bill admirably ... minus the blue hair. His latest tidbit for me? www.plndr.com -- we're talkin' Cheap Monday skinny jeans for $8.99 people - yup, he's that cool.


Time for me to stop grasping desperately to the slipping hip-ness of my early 20's and embrace something else ... just don't know what that something else is yet.

2 comments:

  1. You are still 'way cool' in my books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That something else is the DIRTY 30s! I'm only 3 weeks behind you - let's embrace it together!

    ReplyDelete